Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Maggie Meiners... From Nature


I've written about the photography of Maggie Meiners in past posts. And her acceptance into the National Juried Exhibition, "From Nature", gives me yet another opportunity to point out the brilliance of her work. I always find Meiners' imagery to be is so engaging in a quiet, introspective way. Within her abstractions, the viewer is asked to look at a scene they may have experienced numerous times before, and now to look again but with a new set of eyes. These images are about looking at our surroundings and not taking life for granted. They are about focusing on a moment and finding one's self.

You can see "Snow Abstract" in the "From Nature" exhibition presented at Gallery 180 of The Illinois Institute of Art-Chicago from April 20-July 24 with an opening reception on Friday April 24th from 5:30-7:30. The show is free to the public and commissions from the sale of work will be donated to the Ragdale Foundation. Additional work by Maggie Meiners can be seen at maggiemeiners.com

1 comment:

  1. In a digital era I am a Leica proud owner and my prints are Silver Gelatin. Platinum is a step further and I am so thrilled every time I hear about a photographer using film (which I hope will never disappear)and traditional techniques.
    Great Post, it made me happy.

    ReplyDelete